Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Manifesting What You Want



"What you resist persists."
~Carl Jung

You know how synchronicity happens in life sometimes?

Where two seemingly unrelated areas of your life suddenly reflect the same message?

In my case: this past weekend, while camping, a friend and I were talking to a 13 year old about nicknames, and how some of them are unflattering.

My friend told the 13 year old "What you resist persists! So just laugh and shrug off the nickname and it will lose its power."

Wise.

Then, yesterday, in a completely separate area of life, this sentiment was quoted to me again!

When the universe speaks I try to listen.

What is it that I am resisting in life?

How am I framing my thoughts regarding what I resist?

How does this resistance to change (for me it is weight loss) actually create the difficulty in changing my behaviors?

How does focusing on what I don't want (to be overweight) instead of what I DO want (to be a healthy weight, fit and active) actually prevent me from achieving what I want?

The authors of the book The Secret, along with Jung and others, like Mother Theresa, understand that what we think about is what we manifest.

The thoughts that receive our attention the most are the thoughts that become actions that become persistent in our lives.

If I am concentrating my thoughts on NOT wanting to be overweight I am actually creating that in my life.
Manifesting it.

How about changing what I think about?

How about changing from being down on myself and negative, how about if I create postive thoughts regarding my body, fitness, ability, health and wellness?

What if I focus my thoughts on all the good things about myself, body and abilities?

That is part of what this blog process is about.

And it is working!

I am attempting to focus on living my life, daily.

That is where I am putting my attention and my thoughts.

I think about how I can live.

I think about what choices will make me feel alive and strong.

I think about what I can do; what I am doing.

I think about my choices and ask myself if they are leading me down the path I want: the living life path.

More and more I can say YES! Yes my thoughts are taking me down the path of living life.

More and more I am thinking positive and uplifting thoughts about myself and my choices.

More and more I am manifesting what I want and not thinking about what I don't want.

What are you resisting? What is persisting in your life? How can you change your thoughts?




"Your beliefs become your thoughts.
Your thoughts become your words.
Your words become your actions.
Your actions become your habits.
Your habits become your values.
Your values become your destiny."
~Mahatma Ghandi



2 comments:

Shore said...

Thank you for reminding me of this.

It is funny how easy it is to think all negative about ourselves and life in general. I know for me currently it takes a lot of work to think positive about myself or life.

Corrie Beebe said...

I think we can all use a reminder sometimes.

Negative thoughts beget negative actions and everything starts to be seen with a negative or critical eye.

Try to release the negative; let go. Try to find the positive in things...start with something other than yourself! Yourself is the hardest thing to find positive things about.

Start with something simple: your car, your house, your dog....

It does get easier. And it IS worth it.