Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Final Vision

 

“Hell begins on the day when God grants us a clear vision of all that we might have achieved, of all the gifts which we have wasted, of all that we might have done which we did not do.”


~Gian Carlo Menotti



I came across this quote a few weeks ago. I saved it. I needed to ponder upon its meaning
 
My interpretation:
 
We are incredibly amazing beings, with a vast and nearly incomprehensible ability to achieve and do.
 
And yet we do not.
 
We do not achieve all that we are capable of achieving.
 
We do not utilize the amazing gifts we have been given to their fullest.
 
We do not do all that we can do.
 
We allow so many things to hold us back; to get in our way.
 
We create excuses.
 
We allow fear to control us.
 
We allow others' ideas and beliefs to dictate what we believe of ourselves.
 
One day we will have clarity of vision to see all that we could have been.
 
One day we will have clarity of vision to see all the gifts we had at our disposal.
 
One day we will have clarity of vision to see all of what we could have done.
 
On that day we have two choices of what that vision will show us.
 
What you decide to DO to live your life today, pursue your dreams today, and work toward achieving your goals today, is what will determine what you see in that final vision.
 
Will you look back at your life with clarity of vision and see that you did everything you could do?
 
Will you look back and see that you achieved everything you could possibly achieve?
 
Will you look back and see that you used your gifts to their fullest power?
 
I want to look back at my life and see that I did not waste it. I want to see that I utilized my gifts and lived a life full of achievement.
 
Personal achievement. Not achievements set in place by others.
 
I want to see that people enjoyed my writing. I want to see that it helped someone.
 
I want to see that I LIVED life, explored the world, learned new things, investigated and kept my mind open to new possibilities.
 
I want to see that I pursued things that were important to me and let go of things that were not.
 
I want to see that I shared my life with people and things that I love and that hold meaning and value to me, and let go of the things that did not.
 
I want to see that I lived my life by MY values, rules and beliefs and not those forced on me by others, society or media.
 
I want to look back at my life with clarity of vision and see that I lived, fully.
 
What do you hope your final vision of your life will be?
 
What do you want your life filled with?
 
Share with me.
 
 




1 comment:

L. J. Lowe said...

Beautiful, Corrie. :)