Monday, August 22, 2011

Stop Reading This!

Of all the people I have ever known, those who have pursued their dreams and failed have lived a much more fulfilling life than those who have put their dreams on a shelf for fear of failure.

 ~Author Unknown


Okay, I don't really want you to stop reading my blog. In fact, I love it that so many people are checking it out. Also, just as a reminder, feedback, comments and thoughts are always welcome! Oh, one more thing: feel free to share this!

So, I don't want you to stop reading the blog. What I want is for you to start DOING. I want you to start BEING. Right now.

I don't want you to sit on your computer reading about living your life and revealing your true self, nodding your head and thinking "WOW...wouldn't that be great if *I* could do that?"

That is the point! YOU CAN DO THAT!

You can reveal yourself. You can achieve your dreams. YOU. Yes...you. MMhmmmm. YOU!

I am no different than you. I am no more special. I am no more enlightened.

I am a regular person, on an imperfect path, attempting to live my life right now. I am a work in progress. I write as much for myself as for you. I write to inspire myself; to encourage myself; to embolden myself, and you.

I want you to read these words and stop, look inward, listen to your heart and follow the path. I want you to take a moment for yourself. I want you to realize that I am not talking about someone else achieving their dreams...I am talking about each and every single one of us, and that includes you!

I write to encourage you to stop making excuses. I write to encourage you to face your fears. I write to encourage you to start living!

Life is an amazing adventure! We let it get all bogged down with boring details, should do's and following the path that others lay out for us, rather than the path we lay out for ourselves.

That, my lovely friends, is not living! It is not being!

You don't get multiple chances to live an astoundingly wonderful life! This is it! This is your chance. If you don't actively start LIVING and BEING and DREAMING right now, today, your life will slip by you like a whisper...

Don't play it safe. Don't refuse to roll down the window because your hair might get mussed. Don't refuse to play in the sprinkler because your shirt might get wet. Don't say "no thank you" to Grandma Rose's special peach cobbler...Grandma Rose isn't going to be around forever and her peach cobbler will never be the same after she is gone.

Stop letting the little details of day to day life prevent you from enjoying the moments and pursuing greatness! We all have the same amount of time every day. It is what you choose to do with that time that makes the difference.

The chores will still be there. Trust me.

So, I would really love it if you would pick one thing to do today. Pick one thing that is in pursuit of LIVING, DREAMING and BEING. Pick something that YOU want to do, that you don't normally make time for. Don't pick something because you think is is what I want you to do, or because you think other people will think it is the coolest thing to do. It doesn't have to be anything grand or massive. Just pick something. Something that enlivens your spirit and makes you feel alive. Pick something that you are afraid of. Pick something that someone else won't understand. Pick anything....!!

What do you WANT? How are you going to LIVE today? How are you going to honor your inner self today?

Let me know in the comments what you did today to BE.

So: STOP READING and START BEING!



Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must be first overcome. 
 ~Samuel Johnson, Rasselas, 1759

4 comments:

Shore said...

I love the way you write. Thank you for putting this blog here. I have been really enjoying reading what you have to say. You are very insightful.

Corrie Beebe said...

Thank you! I am so glad that you are enjoying it! xoxo

L. J. Lowe said...

I'm so glad you're writing out here for the world to see. :)

Corrie Beebe said...

Thanks Lesa! I must admit to some trepidation, but I decided to follow my own advice and just do it! Live!! Scary is good, right? Thanks for reading and promoting this. I appreciate you!